Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beauty at the Beach


Never thought I'd be saying this, but THANK YOU Tommy Hilfiger, for putting together the look that, once the sun comes out, will get me from deckchair to pool floaty to Marbella Club champagne couch (haha I wish).

Seriously, this is genius. Take a standard stretchy sleeveless polo shirt, cut fairly close. Throw it on over a bikini top and bottom, or, if the upper half needs amplification, a nude bra. Put on some cool sunglasses. Beckon poolboy.

It doesn't have to be white over navy, although that looks tremendous here. Could be pink over ditsy floral. Stripes over solid. The key point is, the polo covers the avalanche zone between midriff and hips, making it all look sleek and pulled together. Yo Tommy, if you want to join me poolside, the mai tai is on me.

1 comment:

  1. Christa, am a fan of your book and just found your blog today! We are holding the first fashion swap in Manila on 12th June (for charity). Would love to feature your tips for choosing vintage clothes, if possible. Would of course give full credit to you. It would be a great help. You can email me on thefashionswap (at) gmail.com. Cheers, Kaye

    ReplyDelete